University Services Star Performers
Nominations are Open for 2016 University Services Star Performers
Deadline is November 14. Nominate a Star Performer Today!
Nominations are now open for the annual University Services Star Performer Awards. Star Performer Awards are presented to University Services employees and teams of employees who have provided exceptional service to the University of Minnesota over the past year. All members of the University community are invited to submit nominations. The award recipients will be honored at the University Services Leadership Forum in November and receive a personalized Star Performer plaque.
Who is a Star Performer?
University Services has established values that enforce the University’s teaching, research, outreach mission and comprehensive academic plan. Our values are:
- Excellence in our products and services;
- Integrity in our actions with those we serve and with each other;
- Accountability in the value of our work;
- Stewardship of the University
In addition, Star performers generally exhibit the following:
- Exceed Expectations – Star Performers go above and beyond the call of duty of their day-to-day tasks. They pay attention to details, seek solutions to problems, and provide a high level of commitment in their duties.
- Customer Service – Star Performers take the time to understand the needs of the students, staff, and visitors to the University and to meet their needs consistently and effectively.
- Initiative – Star Performers find innovative ways to save time, money, or other resources, either through new ideas or new ways to do ongoing tasks. They often act to solve a problem before it becomes a larger issue.
- Reliability – Star Performers demonstrate a consistency in getting the job done right, on time, the first time. Star Performers don’t let their customers, or their coworkers, down.
Who is eligible?
All employees of University Services are eligible to be nominated for Star Performer Awards. Nominees can be an individual or a team of employees. The departments and work units within University Services are:
Addressing & Mailing/Campus Mail
Housing & Residential Life
Office Equipment Services
Parking and Transportation Services
University Dining Services
Capital Planning & Project Management
University Health & Safety